Primary page content
The Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Committee (LTEC) is the key strategic committee of Academic Board responsible for strategic planning and policy development matters relating to all aspects of learning, teaching, enhancement, and the student experience.
These include the setting, maintenance and monitoring of academic standards; the quality of learning and teaching in relation to any award with which the College is associated; and student support and retention.
LTEC has three subcommittees which focus on particular aspects of its overall remit and report to it: Quality and Standards Sub-Committee (QSSC), Programme Scrutiny Sub Committee (PSSC), and Student Experience Sub Committee (SESC).
Terms of reference
- To consider and advise on the development of the College’s overall Learning, Teaching and Assessment [LTA] Strategy ensuring that it takes account of contemporary pedagogic research and best practice, and to recommend a strategy to Academic Board
- To establish clear communications with the Learning and Teaching Committees of individual departments in each School, in order to facilitate effective development and monitoring of departmental LTA strategies and action plans.
- To monitor the College’s progress against LTA Strategy objectives and associated action plans
- To develop and promote best practice and innovation in learning and teaching, taking account of research and development work undertaken in the Teaching and Learning Innovation Centre (TaLIC)
- To receive reports and minutes from its sub-committees and to approve their recommendations as appropriate
- To consider and report to Academic Board on the following, together with any proposals which require action by the Board or by other individuals or bodies within the College:
- reports from external agencies or professional bodies and department responses concerning a) the quality of the College's provision and b) submissions for external validations, seeking input from QSSC on aspects of these as required
- annual reports relating to admissions
- annual reports relating to student survey data
- To approve policies for admission to the College which relate to the maintenance of academic standards, including those involving exemption from College examinations, examinations passed and periods of study spent at other places of learning, or other evidence of prior learning
- To consider recommendations from SESC concerning:
- the development of the University Access Agreement
- progress against widening participation objectives, drawing any significant issues to the attention of Academic Board
- To consider, and advise Academic Board on, strategic planning and policy development matters relating to learning resources
|Chair: Pro-Warden (Learning, Teaching and Enhancement)||Professor Elisabeth Hill||ex officio|
|Head of Quality||Mrs Cathryn Thompson||ex officio|
|Associate Director (Student Administration)||vacancy||ex officio|
|Chair of Programme Scrutiny sub-Committee||Professor Richard Grayson||ex officio|
|Academic Director of the Teaching and Learning Innovation Centre||Dr Debbie Custance||ex officio|
|Academic Director International Development and Academic Partnerships||Dr Tara Page||ex officio|
|Chief Information Officer||Ms Lynne Tucker||ex officio|
|Organisational Development and Equalities Manager||Ms Bethan Williams||ex officio|
|One academic representative from each School||Dr Geri Popova [ECL]||to 2021|
|Dr Alice Jones Bartoli [Psychology]||to 2021|
|Dr Massimiliano Mollona [Anthropology]||to 2021|
|Up to three additional members of the academic staff appointed by the Chair||Dr Göze Saner [TaP]||to 2021 (eot)|
|Dr Vik Loveday [Sociology]||to 2021|
|Dr Carla Figueira [ICCE]||to 2021|
|The Education Officer of the Student's Union||Ms Lauren Corelli||ex officio|
|One other sabbatical officer of the Students' Union||Ms Mona Mounir||to 2020|
|Secretary||Mr Gareth Bodrell|
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
For minutes please contact governance (@gold.ac.uk)